Dating postcard photographs
The eastern part of the house was extended until it came almost beneath the Hotel zum Trken.
In the view on the left, the main SS guard house can be seen near the bottom of the view.
These two views were taken from down off the hill in front of the house.
This part of the Berghof housed the kitchen, dining hall, and quarters and working areas for the staff.
The view on the right shows the 1939 completed extension, with its auxiliary driveway allowing deliveries direct to the kitchen area.
This room was lavishly decorated with Persian carpets, Gobelin tapestries, and original paintings and sculptures.